• We continuously monitor and develop the quality of our services and products in order to exceed clients’ expectations.
• All our business activities are conducted in accordance with best international practices. It is our policy to be a progressive organisation, dedicated to continued improvement of our market position as a reputable and profitable business.
• We nurture a respectful, open, and participative working environment, where staff are given the opportunity to develop the skills to enhance their career and grow with the organisation.
• We ensure that all our operations are carried out while prioritising the safety and well being of our staff, subcontractors, and the environment.
• We build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and stakeholders, ensuring needs are met for the long term.
• We achieve our commitments to quality, cost, schedule, and safety.
• We enhance the systematic research and use of best preventive measures at all levels, ensuring reliable risk management.
• The Management’s involvement and commitment helps develop staff to reach their full potential, to be competitive, creative, responsible, and accountable, through training programmes.
HEALTH & SAFETY
It is our policy that Shinen Limited’s operations are executed in a manner that ensures the optimum safety and health of our staff and all persons who may be affected by our operations and products.
In all aspects of our operations and activities, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy working and living environment.
• Ensure all operations are fully compliant with statutory regulations governing the health and safety of staff and the community.
• We are committed to attaining the world’s most recognised occupational health and safety management system certification.
• Continually analyse and assess risk factors, both physical and social, that may affect the safety and health of staff.
• Recognise that our people are our most important asset and provide them with appropriate health and safety awareness to minimise risk of injury or sickness, via circulars, internal workshops and toolbox talks, as well as external training/courses.
• Promote the physical and psychological health of staff to enable them to discharge their responsibilities effectively at an optimum level.
• Provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to staff when necessary.
• Provide and maintain First Aid facilities and training at all work sites, offices, and staff housing areas.
• Provide basic Emergency Response facilities and training to staff.
Shinen Limited is committed to nurture its staff to care and protect our environment. We incorporate sustainability in our strategic decisions and conduct our business in a manner that balances the environmental and economic needs of the communities in which we operate.
In all aspects of our business, we strive to minimise our impact on the environment by:
• Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations to meet or exceed good environmental practice.
• Creating awareness about the environment and providing training/circulars to staff and subcontractors about preventive environmental impact measures and alternative solutions that are sustainable.
• Creating a cleaner and greener environment by reducing pollution and waste, and encouraging a Reduce, Re-use, Recycle culture in the workplace.
• Maintaining energy efficient offices and workplaces, with sustainable practices put in place.
• Monitoring, evaluating, and continually improving our environmental management practices to ensure efficient use of resources.
IMPLEMENTATION OF POLICY
• The Technical Director will ensure that each staff has access to the Quality, Health Safety, and Environmental Policy. Each staff will be given a copy of the general policy on commencement of his or her employment.
• Also all staff should know where the first-aid kit is located, have a copy of the
emergency plan and be trained on the emergency plan and evacuation procedures.